Thursday, August 6, 2009

So it begins...

About one month ago, hopped up on painkillers after ankle surgery, I devised a plan.

It made a lot more sense at the time than it does now, after the painkillers wore off.

But like the idiot I am, I'm doing it anyway.

I'm going to try out for the Syracuse Football Team next season. In the meantime, I'll be training and working my ass off to try to actually make the team. Oh yeah, I've never played football before, unless flag football somehow counts. I'm also short, skinny, and clearly not a D-1 football caliber athlete.

Follow my exploits over the course of the next year and expect:
1. To be entertained
2. To get an inside look at what it's like to try out for a D1 Football Program unsolicited
3. To hopefully be inspired at least a little bit.
4. To be able to tell your kids another thing NOT to do
5. To laugh at the ridiculousness of my behavior, and possibly my ambition


Come back often, and I hope you enjoy my pain along the way. Although I'm not doing this for anyone but myself, hopefully you can at least get a kick out of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment