Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hall of Fame Inductions

I'm watching the NFL Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. Hell of a class. Watching these guys talk tonight has picked me up considerably.

Watching this has renewed me a bit. The values that they upheld in terms of dedication, work ethic, and determination make you feel like you can do it too.

I know Chris Jarmon over at The D3 Experience liked Randall McDaniel's speech. The quintessential lineman. Team, team, team. Don't you feel like after hearing him speak, he is so much more suited to his current teaching job than being in the NFL? These guys never cease to surprise me, some of them at least, with how well-rounded they are. Pre conceived notions certainly are dangerous.

Just a good night all over watching the HOF stuff. I was drinking beers just feeling like crap during the day. I certainly lack the inherent drive and fire that these guys possess. I've felt lower than I've ever felt, with a few exceptions, during this process of being laid up. Bruce Smith would probably be running sprints and beating the shit out of someone by now.

3 days until this cast comes off. It's been a long process already, and I've barely even begun. I got surgery for a broken fibula in 2 places, and torn ligaments. Surgery required a plate and 6 screws to hold the bone together. BUT...I'm healing on up here and I'll be starting this journey in no time. I'll be posting a bunch of things over the next few days detailing plans to accomplish this psychotic feat.

No comments:

Post a Comment