Monday, August 17, 2009

Last Week at NFL Films, ETC

I've had the opportunity to intern at NFL Films this summer, and it's been an equally surreal and humbling experience. I've learned a ridiculous amount. I'm staying on this one extra week to help train the new interns who will be replacing me.

As I sit in the Playbook war room, my home for the past 3-4 months (minus the time I was in the hospital, doctors offices, and staring at my ceiling at home in recovery) I'm thankful.

Just a few short years ago I was not where I should be in life, and although theres a longgggggggg way to go, it feels good to be moving in the right direction.

In a health update, I'm walking around without crutches today. By walking, I mean really, really slow limping, a la Frankenstein. It hurts like hell but I just can't stand the crutches anymore. I'm gonna try to do half the day like this (already been a few hours) and maybe crutch later on.

So, after an uncharactaristicly serious moment here at hopelesswalkon, let us get back to our regularly scheduled idiocy, with a story about falling down in the shower a couple weeks ago.

It's true, I tipped over in the shower while still in the cast, banging the top of my forehead into the wall as I was trying to get in. I really wanted to sort of hop over the edge of the shower, and I'm a retard because I tried it sort of nonchalantly, and in my nakedness at 6:30 AM ate shit against the wall of my shower. I've only told one or two people of this nugget of idiocy, so enjoy my misery.

I say this in celebration because I STOOD IN THE SHOWER TODAY...what a country, what a world, I stood up in the shower like a normal person again and man I am not 84 years old anymore baby!!

More updates to come about me falling over in various other situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment