Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Less than 2 weeks to go

And I am frrrrrrrrrreaking out! In a good way though I guess- my roommate Josh said it best, if you actually feel good about what you're doing, you've probably lost a bit of your edge- it's best to feel like you're failing, so you work harder...that's paraphrased from sweaty gym-talk.

I've heard some things here and there about what happens during the tryouts, and what I would be expected to do in terms of working out, and I gotta be honest, I'm a little nervous. I'm not sure (pretty damn not sure) that I'll stack up well with the other guys, but we'll see.

2 years ago I weighed 135 lbs. 1 year ago I weighed 150. I now weigh 180 and have worked harder at this than anything I've ever worked at before, and I'm not embarrassed to say it. It's not uncool to really try at something, whether it fails or succeeds. Hell, I only started benching 9 months ago, then lost two straight months to the ankle thing, so we're talking about 7 months of benching and I can do a pretty damn good amount for that kind of period. I'm assuming the other guys will have been doing this throughout high school football and the like, so I dunno.

I do know that I'll outwork them if given the opportunity. Why? Because I'm a sick, sick bastard. I love the pain, and I love to work.

I've amped up all efforts for the final push here, then am taking like 2 days off before tryouts to let the body recoup. For example, tomorrow is all-cardio day, and I'm doing two workouts, one after class is over, then one later on at night. To hell with the ankle, which continues to swell and be a pain in the ass. Screw the blood blisters that cover the bottom of both of my feet. It's go time.

Pray for me, I'm gonna need it.

1 comment:

  1. Even NFL players still get butterflies man. if you ain't nervous you shouldn't be out there. keep up the attitude that's what separates you from most of the guys out there.

    ReplyDelete