Wednesday, March 31, 2010

4 Weeks Away...Thoughts

It's funny how something so far away can still make you nervous. I'm already nervous for these things, but it's only pushing me to work harder. It's a tough time of year, with tons of schoolwork and other things going on, but you better believe I'm hitting it hard.

I started this site to sort of chronicle this journey of mine, and looking back, I don't think I really have done that effectively. I think that once I started actually writing it, I really felt uncomfortable talking about MYSELF all the time. With working for the Syracuse Football team last semester preventing me from commenting on SU sports, I haven't had a ton of material to put out there, and this idea has certainly suffered.

That said, it's been a nice outlet throughout this process, and more importantly, it's been yet another thing to light a fire under my ass. When you know people are watching and reading, it helps you run that extra minute on the treadmill, do that last rep, etc....because you know that if you're out there talking, you had better be able to back it up.

Not that I've talked a whole bunch of game here about how I'm going to be good or anything- I've just sorta made fun of myself for 7 months straight. And I will stand by that- I will probably not be good. Doesn't mean I wont try like hell TO BE good.

I WILL BE POSTING my NFL Draft top 50, so stay tuned for that. Also, more favorite books and other observations to come in these final weeks before tryouts. Mostly I'll just be busting my ass physically, but I'm sure I'll find time for this. You keep reading, I'll keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment