Sunday, April 18, 2010

7 Days Left

I've been putting myself through 2-a-days for the most part this past week, since I don't want to skimp on the lifting because we'll be tested on that, but I also need to get in better running shape. I'm exhausted, but I feel good about the progress that I'm making and the effort that I'm putting in.

This thing isn't about playing football anymore, for me. Absolutely, I'm doing this for the love of the game, and I can't think of anything cooler than being able to finish up my time at Syracuse playing football for a team that is going places a lot faster than most people think, don't get me wrong. I want nothing more in the world than that.

But I really, at this point, after months of working for this, (see previous posts) just want to see what I'm made of. Sure, win or lose here, I can walk away proud of what I've done, but I didn't do all this to not make the team. I didn't do it to walk away and say, hey, I tried really hard, but it just didn't work out. This is about setting a goal (even if it's grandiose and borderline bat-sh-t crazy) and doing everything in your power to get to it. It's about second chances for guys that didn't do things the right way when good things were there for them picking themselves up and doing it the right way from there on out. Learning discipline and toughness.

I'll be working myself to the brink this week in final preparation. I know I won't stack up as well as some guys on certain things, but I'll be there from an effort standpoint.

Watching the Spring Game was surreal, exciting, and somewhat infuriating since I wanted to be on the field so bad. We'll find out soon enough whether that will be the case or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment