Monday, March 1, 2010

A Week "Off"

Just finished another 6 week program, and with my body breaking down, I'm taking a week off the weights.

Still doing cardio and core stuff, I played some basketball tonight and will be doing that throughout the week. My ankle swells up at turns kinda purple at spots after playing, but the pain level is down.

As tryouts get closer, as I've mentioned, I'll be cranking up the cardio. I figure the one thing I can control about my chances is my conditioning and weight room stuff, so you better believe I'm hedging my bets the best I can by being in impeccable shape when these tryouts roll around.

Which brings me to my next point, no I don't know when tryouts are. I've received a few emails about this and people have asked me in person as well, and to be real I don't even really know when tryouts are or what. Hopefully I'll find out that information this week, I'm going to ask around because I'm sure that time is coming up at some point in the somewhat near future.

Listen this Saturday to Sportsnight on 88.3 WAER, where I'll be on talking about the state of the NFL in relation to the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the uncapped year. I'll have some not-so-often talked about points about the state of negotiations and all that crap that very few really care about.

Congrats to SU Basketball on their win on Saturday against my hometown Nova Wildcats. I was there and it was as electric a scene as I've ever seen at a sporting event. We definitely showed 'em who was boss, as we have all season pretty much. That is one unbelievable squad.

More updates to come soon so tell your friends and come back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment