Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Holiday Season's Awful Commercials

The commercialized holiday season occasionally pisses me off. Particularly, Kay Jewelers commercials. I mean, are you serious? Been watching these bits of nonsense for years and they are progressively getting worse in terms of absolute utter corniness and complete unlike ability of the actors/actresses.

To be specific let me address the current load of crap running on ESPN about every 14 seconds. There is a storm, and this poor woman is so scarrrrrrrred of the storm that she needs to jump into her man's arms. Cute...if this woman was a small child or a DOG. Personally I'd like a woman that isn't deathly afraid of a freakin rainstorm.

Then the guy reminds her that hes....there. Right, good reassurance you idiot. Then...the kicker.

"And I'll ALWAYS be there." (whips out the expensive ass piece of jewelery) This is where Kay looks for the resounding "awwwwwwwww" from people watching. Nope. Not buying it. It's retardation. Worst commercial ever. Just watch for it. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being in love here, but come on let's be a little bit less hokey about it. That commercial makes me want to throw something at my TV.

Let's start a letter writing campaign to Kay demanding a new advertising agency or to ESPN to demand the complete ban of Kay from their airwaves.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd next week.....breaking down the Jared Jewelers commercials... (it's been a long day at mom's. Nothing to do here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment