Thursday, January 14, 2010

Injury Update

So my back is getting a little better. I've taken now a full week off from the gym, by far the longest period since I started in September. My body seems to really appreciate it, actually, so I'm hoping this back problem turns into a good thing, but getting some much-needed rest.

I've been going into physical therapy with the whiz therapist herself Colleen O'hara, and coming along pretty decently. Still is pretty painful, though. I slightly under stated the intensity of the pain in the last post about my back, it's been keeping me awake at night, waking me up in the middle of the night, and putting me in agony throughout the day. I couldn't even tie my shoes, but continued to ignore it. It's slightly alleviated, but still pretty f**ked up.

I'm taking a few more days off, then getting back on the grind with much-improved form and less weight on some lifts- gonna have to take it a bit slower than I was. Truth be told I was flying up on weight more than I should have been; I was a bit overzealous. Am a bit overzealous. But going to control it now.

I'm headed to Notre Dame on Monday to give a report for 88.3 WAER in Syracuse on the Notre Dame vs. Syracuse basketball game. Break is just about over and back on the grind come Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment