Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back in Saddle Again

A lot going on!

- Started classes this week- taking 17 credits this semester, with some pretty hard classes to boot. Should be my worst semester thus far in terms of workload in college. I'm now a senior though (albeit a 24 year old one, I started school at 21) and there isn't much more to go.

- Started training again. After 9 full days off, I got back on the horse today at the gym. I benched the most that I've ever done and generally felt absolutely incredible- haven't felt that good at the gym in a long, long time. My body needed the rest, and my back was reasonable. I concentrated the entire time on having good form during exercises which could mess with my back and afterward, I iced my back and ankle for 20 minutes. So far, so good, I'm sore back there, but nothing horrible. We'll see how I feel tomorrow, and how this thing progresses. Tomorrow is leg/back/etc day so that's the real killer. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

- I'm going to start really concentrating on getting my ankle and legs right in terms of conditioning. It's time to start being in ridiculous shape on the lower half of my body now that my strength is up- I have to be able to at least outwork the other people trying out.

More updates to come soon now that things are rolling. More and more people have been coming, and I'm appreciative of all the people taking an interest in my crazy journey. Thanks for coming, as always, and keep coming back for more awfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment